Who Can Help Pay Rent?
- Onondaga County DSS *Must Financially Qualify*
Go in person to the DSS Office with your cover sheet and proof of income.
2nd Floor, 421 Montgomery Street, Syracuse
Call 315-435-2700 for more information
DSS may be able to help with the following:
- Payment of back rent to avoid eviction
- Payment of security deposit of first month's rent for a new apartment
- Moving allowance: payment of a rental of van, possibly even help by a mover
- Emergency storage: provides payment to store personal belongings for 30 days
- Catholic Charities of Onondaga County
May provide first month rent, last month rent or security deposit & help finding an apartment.
Call 315-378-4054 x23
Walk-ins welcome at 262 East Onondaga Street, Syracuse
- The Salvation Army
May provide first month rent, security deposit.
- Veteran Housing Assistance (Provided by Catholic Charities)
Call 315-378-4054 x10
- 211 CNY
Dial 2-1-1 for possible resources and/or referrals
Or visit the website HERE