Want to Make a Difference in Our Community? See the Pro Bono Opportunities available now. Learn More

Who Can Help Pay Rent?

  • Onondaga County DSS *Must Financially Qualify*
    Go in person to the DSS Office with your cover sheet and proof of income.

    2nd Floor, 421 Montgomery Street, Syracuse
    Call 315-435-2700 for more information
    DSS may be able to help with the following:
    - Payment of back rent to avoid eviction
    - Payment of security deposit of first month's rent for a new apartment
    - Moving allowance: payment of a rental of van, possibly even help by a mover
    - Emergency storage: provides payment to store personal belongings for 30 days
  • Catholic Charities of Onondaga County 
    May provide first month rent, last month rent or security deposit & help finding an apartment.
    Call 315-378-4054 x23
    Walk-ins welcome at 262 East Onondaga Street, Syracuse
  • The Salvation Army 
    May provide first month rent, security deposit.
    Call 315-479-3626
  • Veteran Housing Assistance (Provided by Catholic Charities)
    Call 315-378-4054 x10
    Email SSVF@ccoc.us 
  • 211 CNY
    Dial 2-1-1 for possible resources and/or referrals
    Or visit the website HERE