Other Tenant & Housing Resources
- Code Enforcement of City of Syracuse
- High Lead, No Water, No Electric, No Heat
Call City of Syracuse at 315-448-8031
- Security Deposits
Fill out a petition for SMALL CLAIMS in Syracuse City Court.
Get petition in Room 130 of Syracuse City Court, 505 South State Street
- Greater Syracuse Tenants Network
Education and info about tenants rights
If you live outside the city of Syracuse and are experiencing housing issues, there are options to help you:
- Attend one of the Talk to a Lawyer sites to sit down with an attorney. Locations are listed under "Get Help" on this website. Bring any paperwork you have for review with the attorney.
- If you have concerns about possible codes violations, contact your town or village court and ask to be connected with the local codes officer. Set up a home inspection. This can help validate habitability claims if you have to go to court, and may help convince the landlord to make repairs.
- If you left your apartment and have not received your security deposit back, visit your local court or the NY Courts website to start a small claims action.
- The Department of Social Services and Catholic Charities, along with the Salvation Army, can help qualifying tenants outside the city of Syracuse with security deposits and/or emergency assistance.